During the festive season, it seems all conservative makeup looks go out the window! And, why not? I mean, you’ve worked hard all year being sensible, and now is the time to let you hair down a little and celebrate – right?
Here are some makeup looks that we feel may inspire you to try something new when stepping out this holiday season.
First up – a BOLD RED LIP!
Contrary to some womens thoughts, there is a red for everyone. Not all reds night to be bright to be bold. When looking for the perfect red for you, take the lead from your wardrobe. Do you wear warm or cool colours? Also consider your skins undertone – are you cool or warm? Generally, if you have blue or purple veins in your wrist you are likely to be a cool tone, which means makeup and lipstick with pink or red undertones are likely to work best for you. If your veins are green or olive, you’re more likely to be a warm tone, suiting shades with yellow undertones.
We choose lip colours by LipSense to ensure we get that long lasting wear, with no smudge, no wax, no lead, no bleed and no touch ups! Except the hydrating glossy. Plus they are gluten free and vegan, like the rest of the SeneGence range.
TIP: Red lips look classy when paired with a more nude eye look.
GLITTER EYES always make a statement!
Adding a pop of colour to your eyes as a shadow or even as an eyeliner is always a fun way to introduce colour and sparkle, without feeling too over the top!
You simply cannot step out this season without noticable lashes! Whether you choose false lashes or consider getting lash extensions, either way lashes will complete your look.
There are a couple of options here:
- False Strip or Individual lashes that are glued on and can be removed the next day. We recommend Ardell Lashes and Duo Clear glue.
- AMAZING VolumIntense Mascara by SeneGence.
SMOKEY and NUDE!
So, if a bright lip isn’t your thing then you may feel more comfortable with a nude lip and a sultry, earthy, smokey eye.
To achieve this look we suggest using:
- Sandstone Pearl Shimmer ShadowSense by SeneGence – wash layer all over eye
- Candied Cocoa Shimmer ShadowSense by SeneGence – 2/3 up lid to above the crease
- Deep Plum ShadowSense or Rustic Brown ShadowSense by SeneGence – outer 1/3 of eye and thinly across crease to the inner eye, blending away
- Copper Rose Shimmer ShadowSense by SeneGence – middle (mobile) lid, blending in towards the inner eye
- Black Waterproof Eye Liner Pencil by SeneGence – top and bottom waterline
- Black VolumeIntense Mascara by SeneGence
- Brows filled in with colour match ShadowSense by SeneGence
- Bombshell LipSense lip colour by SeneGence
All these products are smudgeproof, long wearing, anti aging, wax and lead free, not tested on animals. They also are gluten free and vegan. Check out the full skincare and cosmetic range here!