Life as we know it is a little different right now and certainly not what any of us would have imagined it to be as we planned our 2020 visions.
For many of us staying home by choice or because our situation demands it can play a heavy toll on our physical and emotional state.
However, looking for the positive things we can take from our own situation, there are many and reflecting on the time we do have (even if we’re still working) it’s not a time to let your self-care slip. For some this may be an opportune time to start something new!
Here are 11 simple ideas you can implement without needing to leave home with items you are most likely to already have!
- Spend some time outdoors daily. Fresh air has been shown to help digest food more effectively, improve blood pressure and heart rate, strengthen the immune system, reduce obesity rates, and strengthen family ties, all leading to a healthier you.
- Fall in love with an exercise you enjoy – yoga, pilates, online classes, walks. These can be done solo or with your ‘iso’ family.
- Pull out the cookbooks or download recipes online and get creative. Watch the ingredients…..make healthy choices!
- Create a schedule – daily or weekly of goals to achieve, then stick to it. Be kind to yourself. Don’t add any unnecessary pressure.
- Make a beautiful space for YOU with fragrances, flowers, oils that you love. A space for you to feel relaxed and calm in so you can work, read, create, meditate etc…
- Take some time out to catch up on your favourite tv show or watch a Netflix series.
- Spend some time cleaning or clearing those jobs you have been putting off. Clear out the garage, the wardrobe, the pantry etc.. These activities bring a sense of effort and task completion.
- Read that book or magazine you have been meaning to read.
- Be sure to maintain a daily skin care routine to keep your skin hydrated, moisturised, and youthful.
- It’s ok to slow down – take the time to acknowledge that.
- Stay connected! Pick up the phone, join zoom calls, online meetings, use messenger….go on practice leaving quick audio or video messages. It’s fun!
I hope these ideas inspire you to make the most of ensuring you are practising good self-care for yourself and enjoying your home space in these different times.
Stay safe, keep smiling